Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Time To Shine

Holiday Sparkle

The holiday season is literally just weeks away. Beat the other revelers by getting a head start on your party attire. When I'm looking for the perfect dress for that special occasion, the first place I look is in my closet. If you are a savvy shopper, I'm sure you've bought items in the off season, because of the drastically reduced price. I only paid about $40 for this dress. The regular price was over $150. I bought it last February; because I knew there would come a time when I'd need something pretty to wear during the next holiday season. This strapless silk dress is by Calvin Klein. The platinum color looks like a tall glass of sparkling champagne. The body conscience ruched design, hugs the curves, while providing a distraction for the most critical eye. The oversize bow detail is another element which adds interest and flair. 

Accessory Tip: I think a pair of studs (diamond, crystal, or cubic zirconia), with a studded choker would be the perfect accessories for this dress.  The only other piece of jewelry I would consider adding, would be a either a tennis bracelet or a studded cuff. 

Shoe Tip:
The shoes are by Casadei. They are made of a combination of champagne colored silk and jet black patent leather. The champagne color in the shoes, couples very well with the color of the dress. They are traditional sling backs modernized with the addition of ankle straps. The regular price was $450, but I bought them from Dillards on sale for much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment