Sunday, November 2, 2014

Let's Rock n Roll


Rock Star Ready
This is one of my most statement making pieces. It definitely causes heads to turn. This python snake print duster is made by Kathryn Conover. The print and texture looks and feels like real python, but it's actually made from polyester and elasthanne.The various purples and caramel color compliment each other beautifully. I bought this duster years ago from Nordstrom on sale for $109. The original retail price was $268. When I purchased it it was actually a wrap dress, that I redesigned into a duster. I was looking for something cool to wear to a concert, and wanted it to have a hip yet sophisticated appeal. The pattern, colors, and design of this jacket are very bold, and requires a certain type of fashion confidence to wear it. I wore it with a pair of purple skinny jeans and matching purple T-shirt. 

Accessory Tip: The only jewelry I wore with this outfit was a pair of over sized purple crystal earrings. I didn't wear a necklace because of the busyness of the pattern in the fabric. I also wore an over-sized caramel colored satchel handbag.



Shoe Tip: I chose to keep the Rock n Roll 
 theme going, by being just as bold with my boots. They are by Stuart Weitzman, and originally sold for $498. Made from caramel colored calfskin leather, with a four inch stacked wood heel. The butter soft leather hugs the calf and rises 3-4 inches above the knee. The designer took both style and comfort into consideration, by adding a matching strip of elastic at the top rear of the boot. This allows the boots to fit to perfection, without cutting into the back of the thigh. The clean design of the shaft has simple top-stitched detailing. This boot is so versatile, it can either be rocked out in the way it was with this duster or worn with a business suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment